WEDDINGS – In order to fulfill all of the requirements of the Archdiocese of Miami: (ADOM-Family Life)
- couples need at least six months to prepare for marriage
- call the rectory to set up an appointment with the Pastor prior to making arrangements/reservations. After that first meeting you will be able to set your date and time and review the documents needed.
- Saturday weddings can be arranged at or before 2:00 p.m. Evening weddings may be accommodated. Other times during the week are also available.
- If both parties are Catholic, a Mass is required.
- If not a member of our parish, the couple needs a letter of permission from their Church’s pastor allowing them to marry outside of their parish
- If bride and groom belong to different parishes, only one letter of permission is required
- Baptismal Certificates with all notations issued within the last six (6) months. This should be acquired from your church of Baptism.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is not required but it is strongly recommended.
- If previously married in the Catholic Church, a copy of the decree of nullity must be presented; if your previous spouse is deceased, their certificate of death is necessary. The documents are needed to establish your freedom to marry again within the Church.
- A marriage license is an absolute requirement for marriage in this state. please contact the Office of the County Clerk.
- There are additional forms required depending if you are preparing for marriage in state or out of state. Please call the Rectory for additional information 954-941-7647.
- Those under 19 years of age must adhere strictly to all Diocesan or Church (Universal) Norms in regard to parental permission.
- Marriage Preparation classes information (click here)
- Fully Engaged Preparation classes information (click here)
- NPF–Natural Family Planning Classes — for information (click here)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation– Give yourselves the blessing of coming into your special day prepared spiritually by receiving the gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the wellspring of grace it provides. But why wait until just before the wedding when it is there for you always? The Office of Marriage and Family Life will be happy to share resources about this beautiful Sacrament and other marriage topics if desired.
Is your Marriage blessed by the Catholic Church?
If you did not participate at a Catholic parish in Marriage Preparation at the time of your wedding then you can participate in a regularization process. Wedding vows and blessings can be conducted in the church to make your wedding official in the church. Contact the parish office.
Marriage Enrichment Retreats?
Worldwide Marriage Encounter is a weekend for married Christian couples who value their relationship and desire a richer, fuller life together. Attend a Marriage Encounter weekend and learn the tools needed to keep your marriage strong, for information and dates (click here)